This lovely pendant features the ancient Egyptian Scarab Beetle. The Egyptian god Khepri, Ra as the rising sun, was often depicted as a scarab beetle or as a scarab beetle-headed man. The ancient Egyptians believed that Khepri renewed the sun every day before rolling it above the horizon, then carried it through the other world after sunset, only to renew it, again, the next day.
- Unique pendant comes with a 24-inch lead-free antiqued pewter 3 mm circle link chain
- Pendant measures approximately 1.25 high x 1.25 wide
- Chain is secured with a lobster claw clasp
- Necklace dimensions: 3 mm wide x 23 inches long with a 2-inch extension
- Great gift item for Egyptian item collectors