This figurine is inspired by the well known painting painting by British artist Edmund Leighton called "The Accolade". This figurine depicts an accolade, a ceremony to confer knighthood. Such ceremonies took many forms, including the tapping of the flat side of a sword on the shoulders of a candidate or an embrace about the neck. In the first example, the "knight-elect" kneels in front of the monarch on a knighting-stool. The monarch lays the side of the sword's blade onto the accolade's right shoulder. The monarch then raises the sword gently just up over the apprentice's head and places it on his left shoulder
- Approximate Dimensions: 8.75"Wx4.25"Dx11"H 4 lbs.
- This figurine depicts an accolade, a ceremony to confer knighthood
- Hand-cast using real crushed stone bonded with high quality designer resin
- Each piece is individually hand-painted by our artisans
- Great gift for any occasion, perfect as home decor accent piece